Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day Or Love Day

Love defined is 1) a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2) a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.


3) a sexual passion or desire. 

4) a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

Most are likely to agreed mainly and in part with the above descriptions of love and some may liken the definitions to those found in God’s holy word the bible in which also divides love into four distinctive categories or types.

There is a Greek word, Phileo which is brotherly love, the type of love that is expressed as brotherly love. A love based on common interests, goals, or personality traits. This is the most common of love.

Then there is Astorgos which come from the Greek word storge, which refers the kind of love that occurs naturally between family members such as a mother and child or brothers and sisters growing up and playing together.

Then there is the Greek word Eros, the self gratifying love which is often associated with Valentine’s Day of Lover’s Day. This is the type of love that is normally the focus of one another, and is very affectionate seeking pleasure.

Lastly there is the greatest love of all loves which is the Greek word for supernatural love Agape; This is the love that GOD has for us all, a love that is unlike no other a love that we are not like to achieve but should strive for. A love that is even greater of that of a mother and child. A love that truly does not find fault, or blame. A love that is slow to anger. This type of love is best described in 1 Corinthians 13.

Wishing You Happy Valentines Day And A Happier LOVE DAY!



1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment